Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Saturday Not Wasted

I might not have been very productive during this past Saturday afternoon, but I was definitely inspired and reenergized as an educator. This was my multi-tasking view as I settled in for the live stream of the College Football Playoff Foundations Extra Yard for Teachers Summit that was held in Dallas this weekend. There were so many great moments, speakers, and performances. Celebrations for educators like this should be the norm for all districts, either to kick off a school year or as a mid-way recharge event like this one. You Matter! Don't lose your joy! Celebrate! Enjoy! Be a great mentor! Be a great colleague! We need you! Remember why we do what we do! How would you complete the phrase, "I teach because...".  You can watch the recording of the summit here...   http://www.extrayardsummit.com/live-stream/. I guarantee you will not be wasting your time.




I selected a few key tidbits of inspiration from notes on the summit and practiced my sketchnoting. This is my first official "sketchnote" utilizing the Notes HD app on my iPad.





There were many recurring themes throughout the event, so I thought it would be fun to see what my notes might look like in a word cloud.


Until next time...
Follow your treasure map where ever it may lead!
S~

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got some great ideas and inspiration! Lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete